Saturday, February 9, 2008

some-odd things

So, I'm completely ganking theogeo on this list thingy here. She has two lists, the most recent of which is here.

I'm not going to number mine, though. I don't know if I'll make it to 100 or not. I might go past, I'm not sure. Anyway, this is MY blog which means I can make you suffer through all things ME including my vanity. Shuttup and read, damnit. *
  • I have a hard time believing people since I think most are too self-absorbed to tell the truth.
  • If you chew on pens, I think you're kinda stupid. If you chew on my pen, I lose all respect for you.
  • I don't like eating in front of other people.
  • I spill stuff on myself.
  • I accidentally just deleted two of these I wrote ... and now I can't remember what they said.
  • That was stupid of me.
  • Without pizza, I would starve through many meals.
  • I wash my hands many times a day, but it's not ritualized. I don't count how many times I scrub and I don't have to wash several times in a row.
  • It's not OCD, it's germaphobia.
  • I'm erratically anal retentive. I will be overwhelmingly fastidious about one thing for a time until it's pushed out by something else.
  • I'm a very visual learner. It's bad enough I can't close my eyes and listen to someone talk.
  • In a battle of wits, if you win, I love you and want to have a thousand of your babies.
  • But I won't ever tell you.
  • I'm frustrated by my own incongruities.
  • I like not having a TV.
  • I hate not having a desk.
  • I bought one yesterday.
  • Imitation coconut and imitation cinnamon are two of the most revolting smells to me. I'd rather smell body odor.
  • If you put your feet on my pillow or even threaten to, I will exact my revenge.
  • Feet belong on the floor just as shoes belong on feet and on the floor.
  • I still paint my toenails ... and then wash my hands after.
  • I tend to cry when I'm stressed or angry.
  • I hate that I tend to be overdramatic, too.
  • I don't remember my dreams most of the time - if I even have them - yet I'm part of a dream blog. Hopefully I'll have something to post this year.
  • I'm a cheap drunk and mildly proud of that.
  • Whenever I have somewhere to be, I'm always early. I have to force myself to be on time.
  • I still have days when I'm late, though. It's usually because I became engrossed in something utterly meaningless and embarrassing.
  • I'm the only person in my family whose handwriting sucks.
  • I love cars ... especially if I get to drive them fast.
  • Deep down, I still want to go back to school and become a lab rat running tests at a hospital.
  • My pizza is almost done, so I'm going to stop and go eat.
MORE!
  • I think most people in high school and college thought I was shy, but I was really too vain to wear my glasses. I couldn't see faces clearly enough to recognize them.
  • Even now that I have contacts, I still tend to walk with my head down.
  • I once got free coffee because the barista thought I looked like I had been having a bad day. I wasn't, I just tend to look mad.
  • I was bitten by a copperhead because I picked it up.
  • The ending to that story sucks because there was no venom in the bite.
  • When I was younger, I had an extensive stamp collection. I wonder if any of it is remotely valuable.
  • I don't have a favorite song.
  • When I was little, I wore a dress every single day.
  • If I couldn't, I wore a tutu.
  • Now I almost never wear dresses.
  • I once had an argument with my dad about what direction to turn the twist tie that closes the loaf of bread. He said counterclockwise. I said I shouldn't be yelled at for how I turn a twist tie.
  • He said years later that I was the one yelling about how to twist the damn thing.
  • I made that comment about pizza and now I haven't had pizza in a couple weeks.
  • I miss Texas.
  • I don't plan to move back for a while, though.
  • Several times in my life I've been told I look like someone's cousin Rachel or someone they knew named Rachel. One person even insisted I was some runaway from their hometown.
  • Whoever this Rachel chick is ... I sorta hope I'm the evil twin.
  • I tend to be fearless only when other people are scared.
  • I'm afraid to wear flip flops in public not because I don't like feet but because I'm afraid that one day I wear them will turn out to be the one day I need to run for my life.

Thanks for reading.


*In some ways, this is a disclaimer to the people who know me in real life. Ha!

2 comments:

theogeo said...

Hee hee, I want more!

Also, I chew on pens. Don't judge!

Lighthouse Pilot said...

Knowing how you feel about chewed pens...I once debated chewing on one (only for my devious plot, because I don't chew on pens) and leaving it in your otherwise empty cupholder.

BUT...I'm scared of you so I didn't do it.